General

1. Improve appearance of Assignments

Change the styling of assignments. They are squished together hard to read. They also look like 1996.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve School Closings Functionality

When adding a School Closing, it completely takes over the News section of the page, blanking all other news. This would be acceptable if when you then click on the "View All News" button you were presented with the blanked out news items, but instead you still only see the School Closing. I would like to have the option to continue to show news items either on the main page or on the All News page when posting a school closing. To work around this, we're posting closings as a normal News Items, but this eliminates the use of a…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Improve Clip Art With Categories

Allow use of other clip art or update your gallery to include categories/subjects so you don't have to scroll through page after page.

There's not enough variety for clip art.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING

I really love your customer support. My students use my website daily. I figure out most things on my own, but I do sometimes hit the virtual wall. That's when I call on your team. Every time I ask for help; your they answers. They are outstanding, and make this overworked teacher's duties just a little lighter. SHINE ON SUPPORT TEAM....SHINE ON!

Sincerely,

Kena Womack, Rockmart High School

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Keep the toolbar stationary.

As you scroll down the page to add new things it gets to be very cumbersome to highlight text you want to change then scrolling clear up the page to reach the toolbar to change the font or click the link only to then scroll clear back down the page to see if it's even what you wanted it to look like. Thanks for your consideration.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. A few suggestions

After using the editor to setup our website over the last month, I have some suggestions.

1) Ability to resize photos from the WSIWYG editor using the mouse.
    2) Wider editor window (fluid design)
    3) Cleaner interface for board agenda/minutes documents. Here is what I did manually for ours: http://www.tuckerton.k12.nj.us/contentpage2.aspx?cid=6
    4) Cleaner look for staff directory results (example: http://www.lgusd.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uRECID=377628&type=u)
    5) Not showing e-mail address in plain text. Allows easier access to spambots for crawling. Should just be "e-mail staff member" with a mailto link. It is there already, but there's a second link with our full e-mail listed.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Return to the old way of uploading files.

I like to post a weekly schedule. Last year, kids could see each week's plans. Now, every time I upload a new schedule, it overrides the previous week. I liked it better last year.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow option to Hide Calendar on each page.

The calendar on each page takes up space that I would like to shorten the space taken up by the course description. This would allow the content below to be more visible. Having this as an option to hide would give me the option to use if I ever need.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add features to secondary content

It would be great to be able to utilize secondary content and downloads and links to all at the same time.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. make the shift-enter work correctly

holding shift-enter moves to a new line without a space...however then the whole posting takes out the spaces;
    the system does not let me combine spaces & no spaces in the same post...I have to do a lot of playing around with this to get anything approximating what I what...wasting time;
    it worked a lot better before you put the notice on the design site to do shift-enter

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Improve your email distribution module

If a school sends out an email, it needs to send it out to multiple groups at the same time. Your module only allows us to send to ONE group at a time. Ex: If we want to send out an email to Band Boosters and Athletic Boosters, we have to send out two emails. The administrator should be able to select whatever groups the email is to go out to at the time when the email is created. One email to multiple groups feature is missing.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. scale upload images

please add the functionality to scale images as they are uploaded. i have a lot of people adding to my sight and getting them all to put properly sized images up is becoming a problem. the frequency of visits to the site from within our network is very large and with the large image files it puts a strain on our network.

if they scaled on upload like most sites do this would be much less of a problem

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Linking Content Pages

I suggest you configure School Pointe so that when using an existing content page it does not change to that sites page but instead pulls just the content.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Teachers want to be able to change their header pictures to showcase their classrooms.

On teachers pages, teachers should be able to decide between the district, schools, or their own pictures for the header flash pictures.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make this a little more user friendly. I can create a folder but can't delete it?

Trying to add photos to the gallery and their is no obvious way to do this. I click add photo and it takes me to file manager but navigating file manager doesnt take me anywhere useful such as my own computer files. Why isn't there an insert photo link that will bring up My Computer locations such as C:drive.?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Content Pages

When putting in 2 content pages I find it a bit annoying to have to scroll down to see the second page. Do you think you could put both pages side by side? This way we can see what we are working on.
    thanks

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. blog post order

I would like to be able to change the order in which blog post appear rather than always appearing in the order of post/edited

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. ability to hide items in folders

Hello,
    It would be nice if we could hide items within a folder just like an entire folder can be hidden. This would save a lot of time when we don't want students to see everything at once that was previously saved to a folder but will be used at a later date.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base