To create a blog on the website (You will need security permission in order to see this feature) you will see on the right column of the CMS home page a Blog option.
To link out to your blog on the live site you will want to add the following URL extension in your navigation or page you are wanting to link it out too. Www. test.com/blog is the navigation extension. If you want to link to a specific blog when you go to the URL for the blog select your blog and you can use the link specific to the blog you want to use.
1. When you are on your CMS home page you will see on the right a Blog option (Pending permissions)
2. When you click on the Blogs option it will take you to the following page.
3. There you will click on Create Blog to start making your blog.
4. You will enter in your blog title as you want the overall blog to be called. When you create a blog you are the only one that will be able to see this actual blog post unless you make someone a Contributor. Then they will have access to the specific blog when they log into their account in the CMS. (They must have the blog permission under Security -> District Permissions -> Blog to see this feature)
**New feature** You now have the option to add a description and thumbnail image to your blog.
This is what the blog landing page will look like once a title, description and thumbnail image are entered and saved.
5. Once you have titled your blog and saved you will see the following.
6. When you click on the title it will take you to the area where you can create your specific blogs
7. Here you will see in the top right corner the Post a New Entry to Your Blog. This will allow you to make your actual posts.
8. When you are in the area to post your actual blog information you will enter in the Title and then in the Body the information you want to get across to the end user. At the bottom you will see the Submit button, Publish checkbox (This allows you to work on it and not be live till you are ready. Then you can select the Publish checkbox and activate the blog post). There is also the Cancel and Delete Blog Post option
9. Once you have saved your blog you will see the following page that tells the Title, Author, Create Date, Last Modified & if it is Published.
10. On your live site your blog will look like the following. Here you will also see that you can select the RSS feed option which you can subscribe too. You will need to have a RSS reader on your device to get the updates to the blog.
When you click on the text Summer Break you will then see the info of that blog.
Then when you click on Summer Break this will show you the post but also allow you to be able to post a comment on this blog. (Any comment posted has to be approved before it is seen on the live site) Once you click on the blog title (Summer Break) you will see the following comment page.
Once you click submit it will let you know your comment has been submitted and awaiting approval.
11. In the CMS of the site when a comment has been posted you will see the following. On the main Blog screen page you will see on the far right New Comments with a # if a comment has been made. When you click on the # it will then open up the comment(s) for you to Approve or Deny.
12 . Here you will see where you are able to Approve or Delete the comment. If you Approve the comment and need to Unapprove it you will have that option along with the Delete option
13 . Once a comment is approved you will see the following on the live site.